The University of Petra (UOP) is currently looking to appoint Teaching members in the English Language Department at the Faculty of Arts & Sciences (FAS),
according to following conditions:
- Is a holder of a PhD degree and full Professor rank in English applied linguistics and translation.
- Is a holder of a PhD degree and Associate Professor in English language/ English Phonetics.
- A graduate of a prestigious and recognized university, preferably top-ranked US universities.
- Obtained the rank from an accredited university.
- Has a university-level teaching experience in the required major.
- Has published at least two papers in Scopus-Indexed specialized and peer-reviewed journals in the past two years (2020 and 2021) on linguistics, translations, language skills, translation skills, and English phonetics.
- Has experience in refereeing research papers for global and local periodical journals.
- Has occupied academic managerial positions and helped the department in attaining local and international accreditations.
- Enjoys advanced computer skills and has mastered blended learning techniques.
- Holds Jordanian nationality.
- Is not committed to work with a public or private institution.
A copy of latest identity card.
An authenticated copy of General Secondary Study, BA, MA and PhD degrees.
An authenticated copy of the equivalent certificate issued by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, for certificates issued by non-Jordanian universities.
A copy of scientific research published or accepted for publication.
A letter of non-commitment to third party once appointed.
A copy of the experience certificates.
Deadline for submitting applications is Tuesday 28-6-2022
University of Petra (UOP)
Human Resources - Vacancies
Wishing you every success