Students are allowed to transfer from another university to the University of Petra provided there are vacancies, and according to the following conditions:
- That students fulfill the requirements of admission into the University of Petra – as stated in the Terms of Admission.
- That students are transferring from a university or college recognized by the Jordanian Ministry of Higher Education.
The Dean of Admissions & Registration shall refer the subjects’ equivalency forms from outside UOP to the concerned Dean of Faculty, and take the following into consideration:
- No more than 50% of a major’s credit hours within the study plan shall be equalized.
- No subjects that were studied more than: 7 years for science majors and 15 years for humanities majors - prior to date of application for admission, shall be equalized.
- One academic semester of the maximum years’ limit for graduation shall be deducted per every (15) credit hours.
- For students transferring from universities outside Jordan, no subject below a mark of 60% – regardless of its nature – shall be equalized.
- For students transferring from universities within Jordan, no major subjects below a mark of 60% shall be equalized.
- These equalized subjects shall receive a (T) mark and will not count in the cumulative average.