Quick Navigation »
About UOP +
Vision, Mission, Objectives & Values
Board of Trustees
The Chancellor of the University and the Board of Trustees
Centers and Units
Departments and Offices
Global Partnership & Relations
Faculty of Information Technology
Faculty of Mass Communication
Faculty of Architecture & Design
Faculty of Administrative & Financial Sciences
Facultyof Arts & Sciences
Faculy of Law
Faculty of Pharmacy & Medical Sciences
Faculty of Engineering
Admissions and Registration +
Tuitions & Fees
New Student Step by Step
Scholarships & Discounts
Research & Graduate Studies
Human Resources +
A Bridge Towards Knowledge
Faculty of Arts & Sciences
The Department aims at providing students with basic language skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing), the acquisition of which should help students to develop their communication abilities in both French and English.
Sixty percent (60%) of the courses included in the study plan are French while the rest (40%) are English courses. The Department prepares graduates to be competent in both languages. Having completed the requirements of the B.A. Degree, students are granted a degree in both English and French.
We focus on preparing BA students to be able to communicate in both English and French. Attention is being paid to make students aware of the national and international developments in cultural, social and economic fields.
The program seeks to provide students with the necessary basic French and English language skills through the adoption of globally acknowledged educational approaches and methodology. These are intended to enable students to communicate in both languages and use them effectively throughout the teaching and learning process. In addition, the program seeks to provide students with specialized language knowledge in various domains, including tourism, business and education.
Providing students with the basic French and English language skills, including listening, reading, speaking and writing.
Developing basic French and English language skills to enable students to communicate effectively with others and express opinions and ideas eloquently.
Preparing highly qualified students with the ability to use both languages competently in the work market, thus fulfilling nationally and internationally emerging needs.
Promoting students’ foreign language potentials to help them grow competent with globally recognized standards through the deployment of up-to-date teaching and learning approaches and techniques responsive to the age requirements
Department Chair's Message
Dr. Ahmad Mousa
The Department of Modern Languages strives to prepare students academically and culturally to enable them to serve the local and international..
Continuing Education Center
Bulletins & Catalogs
Black Board Exams
Petra Friendly Sites
Ministry of Higher Education
The Jubilee School
University Location Map
View Larger Map
All Rights Reserved, University of Petra ©2013
Tel.: 5799555 Fax:00962-6–5715570 P.O.Box: 961343 – Amman - Jordan Email:
Term of Use