In March of each year, the Deanship of Student Affairs holds elections for student associations and committees. Any student can nominate him/herself provided they meet the following requirements:
- The student is enrolled in the faculty for which he/she intends to represent.
- His/heraccumulativeGPA is no less than 2.00.
- He/she have exceeded two semesters (30 credit hours).
- No disciplinary penalties have been issued against him/her.
- He/she have one academic year or more left to graduate from PU.
The most important functions of the 6 student associations are:
- Encouraging academic and scientific activitiesamongstudents.
- Ensuring students' opinions, problems, and suggestions reach the appropriate quarters.
- Developing student talents and hobbies.
Student associations are considered the main link between students and their university.