The Department of Student Services is one of the sections of the Deanship of Student Affairs, and always lives up to meet the needs of students and graduates at the service and counseling levels, and it cares for dealing closely with other departments and deanships.
Among the most important services provided by the Department are:
- Following up the quality of services of interest to students such as restaurants and shops, parks and playgrounds and Internet halls and many other facilities, and maintaining the health and safety of students through conducting periodic reports and receiving different types of complaints from students and taking the necessary measures.
- Receiving student's complaints and deciding on them and dealing with the disputes that may occur, where minor problems are resolved internally while other problems are referred to the Disciplinary Board for appropriate action.
- Supervising and following-up student trips to ensure the safety of students during the trips and providing whatever is deemed necessary for their success.
- Issuing certificates of good conduct in accordance with the regulations and instructions.
- Recognizing the losses and announcing them and delivering them to their respective owners.
- Following-up Student Council of the University of Petra, supervising the elections of the Council and following-up its work as per the regulations and instructions in force at the University.
- Following-up the creation of student committees at the University and supporting them.
- Supervising the establishment of student forums and helping them to achieve their goals.
- Work is underway to establish a scouting group at the University of Petra to support the University during all activities.
- Supervising the publications and printed matter at the University and making sure that they are valid before publication.
- Preparation and supervising graduation ceremonies and all matters relating to their success.
- Collecting donations in conjunction with student committees and distributing them among the needy persons in the local community.
- Supporting the Deanship departments during their daily work and activities.