Alumni Affairs Department
Based on the philosophy of petra University to follow Alumni and help them build and develop their professional skills and a willingness to engage the labor market efficiently and effectively as well as contributing to hire them and stand on the achievements of the process , it has developed in Deanship of Student Affairs since 2008 a section specialized in Alumni affairs after following-up alumni by many parts of the university.
Objectives of Alumni Section :
First: Studies and Research
- Analytical studies to measure the satisfaction of alumni from graduation ceremonies to take advantage of the results in the development of performance.
- Analytical studies on the suitability of the plans of certain disciplines at the University to the labor market.
second : Communication and Networking:
- Preparation and design of alumni electronic magazine to be a liaison and contact between the alumnus and his university.
- Updated information and develop the website of the Department of alumni affairs and Deanship of Student Affairs to ensure the delivery of updated information for alumni .
- Provide an opportunity for alumni to train and build capacity at several training centers with special discounts or free payments.
Third : Employment:
- Positive communication with a number of well known institutions and companies to employ alumni or expected graduate of students in full-time or in part time.
- Set up Employment Days at the university for several establishments to participate for giving the opportunity to alumni to learn about the labor market.
- Update the list of data of alumni of the University each semester in order to provide it for the purposes of employment agencies and institutions, locally and regionally.
Forth : The process of graduation:
- Contribution of the successful of the graduation ceremonies and secure all supplies for alumni of caps and ribbons and tassels and the preparation of patent disclosure for alumni.
- Provide the opportunity for alumni who achieved their jobs to describe their success stories through the graduation ceremony as a tale of success .
Alumni Questions :
• What are the available opportunities to pursue my higher studies in the university?
The University offers programs for master's degree in a number of academic disciplines, as:
(Pharmacology and translation), where the school is completing the requirements for each discipline according to plan of college scholarships, the university plans to start a number of other disciplines at the Masters.
• Is it possible to alumni of Petra university to be dispatched on the account of the university for a doctorate?
Yes, the University plans to Sponsor delegates from the campaign bachelor's or master's degree to get a doctorate, and identifies each specialty academic requirements of the scholarships is based on conditions formed by the college and faculty .
• Is there cooperation agreements between the university and other Arab and foreign universities?
Yes, the University signed a number of scientific cooperation agreements with Arab and foreign universities to allow alumni to continue their higher studies in different disciplines.
Achievements of the Office:
- Plane visits to other universities for the exchange of experiences and cooperation to develop plans that will help graduates .
- Cooperation with the United Nations (UNDP) - the harmonization of higher education outputs and labor market requirements of Jordan to ensure institutional work in the office and provide services for graduates.
- To organize the receipt and delivery of robs and renewal of the private warehouse cabinets graduation robs.
- Performed the ceremony of amedia who graduated from petra university and working in the several media sections .
- Preparation of questionnaires to obtain more and accurate information about them .
- Preparation of the handbook for Office of Alumni Affairs.
- To communicate with local business annually and employ students through the announcement of its vacancy.
1. Develop a common database of graduates within an integrated information system for the Deanship of Student Affairs.
2. Create an e-mail for each graduate on the website to communicate with them.