Objectives of the Department of Sports Activities:
- Inculcating correct concepts of physical education and physical activity.
- Promoting awareness and useful sports’ culture among the students.
- Care and attention of the talented students and work to improve their previous levels and technical skills.
- Contributing to get rid of stress, unloading of emotions and taking advantage of their energy.
- Improving physical fitness and sports skills of students.
- Investing students’ leisure time to practise selected sports activities.
The Department of Sports Activities made many achievements, including:
- Affiliated to Sport Union of Jordanian Universities.
- Ranked first Billiards League of Public Universities (first of its kind tournament).
- Nominated UOP student for the El Hassan Youth Award (HYA).
- Organized UOP Football League.
- Organized 100th Great Arab Revolt Anniversary Basketball League in cooperation with the Sport Union of Jordanian Universities and with the participation of eight Jordanian Universities.
- Organized “Abu Hussein Annual Football League” for public and private secondary schools for serving local community.
- Organized Football Independence League for Jordanian universities. UOP ranked first in 2011 and 2012.
- Opened free subscription in Gymnastics Hall for all UOP students.
- Gave sport distinguished students 25%-50% study grants.
- Supported UOP sport activities committee.
Duties of the Department of Sports Activities:
The duties of the Department of Sports Activities are in the following areas:
First: Internal Activities:
Internal sport activities include large numbers of students and include:
Free Activities: UOP students play football, basketball, volleyball, handball, badminton, table tennis, athletics, taekwondo, kickboxing, karate and exercise at the gym.
- Public Championships: They are organized with the aim of engaging large numbers of students according to their talents. Then, sport teams are formed based on the results of those championships.
- Individual Competition: They are organized in engaging large numbers of students to measure their individual skills in team sports and athletics and form UOP teams.
- UOP League: It Includes all UOP majors and takes two forms: UOP Football League and UOP Basketball League.
Second: External Activities:
The Department organizes multiple external activities:
- Participating in HYA’s camps inside HKJ.
- Participating in HYA’s activities, starting from physical fitness and ending with training camps.
- Participating in sports meeting with public and private universities.
Forming sport teams, including handball team and volleyball team.
Activating UOP individual sports, such as: Riding, swimming and shooting.